||18" nylon parasheet
||Aerotech RMS 24/40 w/ E18-4 reload
||Due to a pad problem that resulted in an unscheduled drag race with
an H-motor bird, I missed most of this flight, but someone else who actually
kept his eye on the rocket told me the flight was completely nominal.
I can verify there was no damage when the rocket was recovered. This
was also the first flight with a complete paint job on the Spike -- I've
been flying it for months in primer, and finished painting it just Saturday
evening, about 18 hours before this flight. I've got a photo still
in the camera; I'll try to get it scanned and uploaded to the fleet roster
entry for the Spike once it's developed (likely a few weeks). Unfortunately,
after this flight, I was tapped to sit at the LCO table for an hour, and
by the end of that time, the weather was deteriorating badly and my ride
was ready to leave. Still, given the number of rockets that went
into the swamp in just a couple hours, it's probably just as well I didn't
get to fly the F40-7 I had prepped.